Companies to get rid of mold in Coal Township PA 17866
Mold Removal Companies - Serving and surrounding areas. Highly trusted for over 15 years!Call Now! (888) 359-2380
Get a Free Quote - CALL (888) 359-2380
Many people look forward to spring cleaning as a great time to get the house in order after a long, cold winter. While you clean, vacuum, and scrub take some time to improve your home’s indoor air quality. This means getting rid of the hidden dirt, allergens and mold spores in areas that are often ignored during the winter in Coal Township PA 17866.
Mold, in particular, can cause health problems. Common symptoms from mold exposure can include allergies or allergic reactions that can trigger asthma, bronchitis, sinus congestion and headaches. Even immune system disorders can occur in cases of severe mold exposure. Below are some tips for springtime mold checks:
- Check your basement and attic for any leaks or water accumulation from the snow or rain. Standing water in the basement and damp areas in the attic can lead to mold growth. The sooner these areas cleaned up, the better.
- Be sure to clean any surfaces where dust accumulates – even in areas that you might not normally consider. Dust can accumulate from cobwebs on the ceilings and walls. Wipe down the door moldings, windowsills and along the tops of light fixtures and the blades of your ceiling fans.
- Kill any allergens or dust mites by washing your bed linens, blankets and pillow cases in hot water. Vacuum your mattresses and pillows to eliminate hidden dust mites.
- Window treatments can also attract a large amount of dust and germs. Wash your curtains and wipe down your blinds. Open the windows and check them for mold or mildew that may have started growing during the winter.
- If possible, use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter to trap the smallest of dust and allergen particles.
- Kitchens and bathrooms are a haven for mold, as these rooms are the most humid areas of the home. For non-porous, hard surfaces such as counters, use a cleaning solution with a low level of bleach. This should kill any mold, mildew or bacteria that is growing on these surfaces.
Just because you might not see dirt, dust or mold does not mean that it does not exist or is not harmful. If you can see any mold in Coal Township PA 17866, you can bet that more exists elsewhere nearby – even in hidden areas, like behind the drywall or even under the flooring. If you feel cold or flu-like symptoms over a long period of time, you may not necessarily be suffering from a cold or virus. You may be feeling the allergic effects of mold spores.
If you suspect any contamination, consider having a professional mold specialist in Coal Township PA 17866 test your home air quality for the existence of spores.